Join us for our first book club meeting of the year beginning on Friday, March 8th at 10:30 am in the conference room. Enjoy conversing with book lovers on a variety of selections for each month. We will meet to discuss the title Untold Power: the Fascinating Rise and Complex Legacy of First Lady Edith Wilson by Rebecca Boggs Roberts. Copies are available for check out at the main desk. You can view a list of the selections for each month below.
The Monticello-Union Township Public Library is pleased to join the Monticello community and thousands of Hoosiers in celebrating Disability Awareness Month in March. In Indiana, community groups, businesses, schools and other organizations are participating in a variety of events to increase our understanding that individuals with disabilities are people first and have many abilities.
Throughout March, we will have an art exhibit on display featuring art work by Lirio consumers, TL Adaptive Arts,, TL Advocate Arts, elementary students and Monticello Masters. The library and the city of Monticello ADA council will present several activities for the community in March.
- Friday, March 1: Art and Banner displays go up on Main Street
- Saturday, March 2: 4-8pm Freedom Event at Burnettsville Beehive
- March 1-30th: Art will be on display at the Monticello Library during open hours.
- Monday, March 4: Lego League - Building Accessible Structures at MUTPL
- Tuesday, March 5: Story Hour - Attorney Loy for Toddlers at MUTPL
- Wednesday, March 13: Voice of Accessibility Panel at Monticello-Union Township Public Library
- Thursday, March 14: 5:00pm Wheel Chair Basketball & Social Services Fair at Twin Lakes High School Auxiliary Gym - Door 9 on west side of building from side parking lot
- 5:00-7:00pm - Social Services and Transition Fair
- 6:00pm - Lafayette Spinners Wheelchair Basketball Demonstration
- 6:20pm - City Department Tournament and Annual Guns Vs. Hoses
- 6:40pm - Monticello Combined Game — Red vs. White
- 7:00pm - Aktion Club members recognized. Mayor Sims to give oath of office to new officers.
- 7:10pm - Half-time Activities. Please visit the concession stand and social services booths
- 7:20pm - City Department Tournament Championship
- Tuesday, March 19: Story Hour - Mayor Sims for Toddlers at MUTPL
- Wednesday, March 20: Lego League - Building Accessible Structures at MUTPL
- Thursday, March 21: 5:30pm Arts & Awards Reception at Twin Lakes High School Auxiliary Gym
- Thursday, March 28: White Oak Health Campus - Dementia Experience. Walk a Mile In My Shoes Day at Monticello-Union Township Public Library.
All events are open to the community.